Saturday 16 July 2016

Rainbow Snippet 16/17th July


 
 
Rainbow Snippets is a Facebook Group that invites authors to post six sentences of their work each weekend. It can be from anything you like, your current WIP, a recent release, the golden oldie that even you had forgotten you had written, or just a scrap of an idea (as long as it has six coherent sentences). Nothing of your own work worth mentioning? How about a six sentence review of your favourite LGBTQ+ story.

 

This snippet is again from my WIP set on a ranch in the Scottish Highlands. Duncan is showing Connor to his room. It is first draft and totally unedited. I'm sorry but it is more than six sentences - oops.

 

 “Lachie and Lenny sometimes drag me into the village. There is a great inn where we’re having dinner tonight. It serves good food and they have music sometimes as well as the karaoke.”
His face broke into a smile and Connor’s cock stirred or at least tried to, given its lack of room to grow.

“Everyone has to join in.”

“Maybe I’ll give you my special rendition of I am what I am. What’s your speciality? I’m guessing Rhinestone Cowboy. Do you have chaps and everything? I bet you look good in them.” Well, Jenna wasn’t there to tell him off.

Duncan shifted from foot to foot and dug his hands into his pockets. “I’ll leave you to it. There’s hot water if you want a bath. I’d better get over and see if Jenna’s had a look at the mare I mentioned. Lots to do.” Duncan pivoted and hurried out of the room.

 

 

CHOOSING HOME is now on general release in all the usual places and on offer until Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. Well, that was awkward! And not the response he'd hoped for, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duncan and Connor...I love it! This may be an obvious question, but you're not a 'Highlander' fan, by any chance? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be. Duncan is Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod.

      Delete
  3. Noooo! Duncan, come back! A wee dram and you'll be fine.
    (I love this story.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That didn't seem to go to plan. Hopefully he's get another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stories set in Scotland. And these guys sound like characters that could get up to stuff. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I wonder if Duncan is just as tempted, but doesn't know what to do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *facepalm* Connor, that may not have exactly been the best choice of things to say to the guy you're crushing on! LOL. Hopefully Duncan will overlook that.

    ReplyDelete