Monday 30 January 2017

Weekly Round Up 30th January.


Monday morning again after an ‘interesting’ weekend to say the least. I’ve always been interested in politics, and I’m an historian by training, so let’s just say the current situation both fascinates and appals me, and I’m not going to apologise for writing my views here.

For the first time this weekend, I wrote to my MP with my views on the debate on Article 50 (Brexit), the ban on people from some countries entering the US, and a state visit from the 45th President to Britain. So far over a million people have signed the petition against the visit – not that this government would have the guts to stop him coming here – showing the strength of feeling here.

Back to the author stuff, last week was largely spent editing While You See a Chance, my older men story, which my editor pointed out was really the experience of three generations of gay men. I also have to decide on whether to do a development edit of another story. One of my betas also returned my MS for what is now called Two Highland Hearts, atm, and dealt with those. She says it’s a bit fluffy for me, but these days we all need a bit of fluff. I didn’t get much written on my WIP, but did add some extra plans to the story.

I’ve read some great books this week. Undertow by Jordan L Hawk gave the wonderful Maggie and Persephone a story. I am such a fan of the Whyborne and Griffin stories. I also read The Impossible Boy by Anna Martin which I enjoyed, and am reading Sight Unseen by Susan Mac Nicol, who has become an auto buy for me. Next up is Slade by Kade Boehme.

This week, I’m planning a third draft of Two Highland Hearts checking for the passive stuff and show and tell using Edit Minion, and hopefully some more writing of my WIP which is called Meeting on a Bus – holding title. I'm also looking forward to listening to the latest Torchwood audio from Big Finish - Torchwood One, Before the Fall with the wonderful voice of Gareth David Lloyd. Here's a lovely picture of my beloved Ianto Jones.


That’s me for now. Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment