Monday 13 February 2017

Weekly Round Up 13th February



Monday morning again. Just back from the vet to check elder cat’s recovery from her multi tooth extraction and, as expected, she is fine. She is certainly much less of a breath monster.

Last week was slow on the writing front and my WIP remained untouched, though I did have a few ideas. I did finish the edits for Two Highland Hearts as well as the synopsis, and press the submission button, so now it’s a question of waiting as usual. A photo has been chosen for the cover of While You see a Chance. I found a perfect one of a lone house on the coast at Ogmore-by-Sea where the story is set. This could easily be Phil Price’s house that he has renovated, the house where he, Sion, and Helen had played as children. I started a read through of Half Full, a story I put to one side a while ago, which I’m planning to extend. It’s already at 57K so this one might get to around 85K when I’ve finished Owen’s story

On the reading front, I finished The Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat. I nearly DNFed but persevered and decided the story isn’t for me. This has only happened a few times before with such a popular story. Oh well, I’m now reading The Lawrence Browne Affair by Cat Sebastian, which is much more to my taste. I’m also reading The Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch.

We watched Sense8 again. I love that show. Not sure about next box set as not my choice this time, but next time my choice will be Supernatural – spreading the word!

This week, I need to get back to WIP and reading Half Full to catch myself up and see where it’s going with Owen’s story. Although, no doubt Jonah will have some story left too. And back to watching this week’s Black Sails.

Have a good week everyone.

PS I got the contract for my Scottish cowboy story which is now going to be called My Highland Cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment