Monday 1 May 2017

BOOK RELEASE DAY AND WEEKLY ROUND UP 1ST MAY


BOOK RELEASE DAY


Morning everyone. It’s May Day here and a bank holiday. Now I’m retired, bank holidays don’t mean anything except the usual TV schedule changes.

Today, While You See a Chance is out on general release. This book has been more than two years in the creating, and is really important to me as a person of a certain age. The two main characters, Phil and Sion, are sixty. They were childhood friends along with Helen, always together and never apart, known as the three musketeers. However, life separated the two men and took them away from their birth place in South Wales. Now they have returned home, and a chance meeting brings out old secrets and desires. There is also a back story involving Sion’s family, based on some old photographs I saw on line, as well as the modern family issues I like to write about. You can find the story here.

Smashwords

In other news, my current WIP has reached 86K. Writing is a slow slog at the moment, mostly because my arthritis is making it hard to sit and concentrate for longer periods of time. I keep leaving Jonah and Owen at important moments. This time, let’s just say their bath water must be getting cold. I do need to get on, but I don’t want to rush the end, so this one might reach the 100K mark before it’s finished.

On the reading front, I’ve finished Starting from Scratch by Jay Northcote. I loved Ben and Sid. I have a minor character in the WIP, the best friend of one of my MCs nephew, who is transgender, so I’m reading as much as I can. I’ve no real life experience, although with all the students I’ve taught over the years, I’m sure some of them may have been transgender. By my final years of teaching, we had students who came out as gay, lesbian, bisexual and questioning, but being transgender didn’t occur. From what I’ve occasionally seen in the news, schools need to get their act together to offer as much support as possible. But I digress, as usual. Other reading included the lovely sneak release, Red Dirt Heart Imago by N r Walker, and current reads are Bridge over the River Wye by Adam Fitzroy and Preacher, Prophet, Beast by Harper Fox – I love this series.

Last week’s watch was S1 of Fargo. I love the quirkiness. I wasn’t sure if we were supposed to love or hate the villain. I am sure I couldn’t live with all that snow. Next, we continue with S5 of Supernatural and the reason I started watching – the wonderful Mark Sheppard. I’d fallen in love with him when he played Canton Everett Delaware III in a couple of episodes of Doctor Who, only to find he has appeared in practically everything. He plays Crowley in Supernatural, now the King of Hell. I wish they could put him and Wentworth Miller in the same programme. The snark level would be off the scale. Going to give American Gods a try as well. Line of Duty reached its climax last night. I won’t spoil the end for anyone, but I will say a writer would never get away with so many plot holes.

That’s enough waffling from me for this week. I’m hoping to get more writing done. Even a couple of hundred words here and there is better than nothing. I’ll also be letting the winner from the autism blog know this week when I’ve picked a random name. Oh, and I may appear on a few blogs with the book.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment